An Education Like No Other
At Stanley, what we teach is as distinct as how we teach. Our teachers and our instructional approach help children reach their full potential academically, socially, emotionally, creatively and physically. Our mission is to inspire a lifelong love of learning; we achieve this by delivering a highly effective and meaningful curriculum based on Stanley's 7 Goals for Learners alongside clear subject-specific learning goals, while approaching instruction in a purposeful and creative way.
Three Educational Divisions
Stanley has three divisions, all with multi-age classrooms or homerooms:
- The Stanley lower elementary school multi-age classrooms comprised of Kindergarten, First and Second Grades (K-1-2).
- The Stanley upper elementary school mutli-age classrooms comprised of Third, Fourth and Fifth Grades (3-4-5).
- The Stanley Middle School comprised of Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Grades (6-7-8).
Distinct Instructional Approach
- Philosophically driven by the Stanley British Primary educational approach
- Values based on unique Stanley vision and mission
- Highly differentiated curricular instruction
- Developmentally aligned to a child's appropriate stage
- Integrated curricular units across subject areas
- Creative, flexible and not prescribed
- Inquiry-based focus
- Designed to tap into a child's natural curiosity
- Aligned to 21st Century skill expectations
- Social and Emotional emphasis
Accredited by the Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
Accreditation through the ACIS is a rigorous and exacting process involving a comprehensive self-study, a multi-day, on-site visit including in-depth interviews with faculty and staff, a compliance assessment including all relevant safety and programmatic standards, and a summary report from an evaluation team that details areas of program strength and opportunities for growth. It’s a process we proactively undergo in the name of ongoing school improvement for the benefit of our current families, our teachers and administrators, as well as new and prospective families in the Denver community. Learn more about the ACIS standards of accreditation here.