KidScreen Vision & Hearing Tests Come to Stanley
Stanley is excited offer another resource to support the overall health, development and well-being of our students! On October 10tht, Stanley students will have the opportunity to receive a hearing and vision screening at Stanley. This resource will be provided by the Marion Downs Center.
Did you know?
- Most pediatricians do not provide a full vision and hearing screening. Very few pediatricians assess reading vision and hearing is often assessed through a brief questionnaire which does not typically pick up partial hearing loss.
- Reading or distance vision challenges or partial hearing loss may not be observable by a parent or teacher and are best assessed through a full vision and hearing screening. Addressing these concerns is foundational to effective learning.
Who is eligible to access hearing and vision screenings at Stanley?
- All Kindergarten, 3rd grade and students new to Stanley in K-5 will automatically receive hearing and vision screenings paid for by Stanley if they return the permission form by Wednesday, October 9). Families of Kindergarten, 3rd graders and new students K-5 will need to contact Melissa Knott no later than Wednesday, October 9 if they do not want their child to receive a hearing and vision screening.
- All other students (1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th) are welcome to participate in this opportunity by filling out the attached registration form and by providing a check for $30 made out to the Marion Downs Center. Checks and registration forms need to be returned to Melissa Knott, no later than Wednesday, October 9th.
How do I sign up?
- See the KidScreen brochure for information and answers to most questions. Stanley is currently offering the Basic KidScreen only.
- Parents do not need to be present for the screenings.
- Parents of all participating students will need to complete and return a KidScreen Permission Form to Melissa Knott, in the Health Office, no later than Wednesday, October 9. Students will not be able to receive a vision and hearing screening unless they have returned the permission form.
- $30 payment for 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and middle school students should be made by check to the Marions Downs Center, with one check per child. No payment is needed for Kindergarten, 3rdand new students. (If you are interested in signing your child up for the screening, but you would have difficulty paying this amount, please contact the business office.)
We apologize for the short notice , Marion Downs had a schedule change that we were notified of today. if possible please turn these forms by Friday, October 4th, if at all possible!
Please let Melissa know if you have any questions at Melissa.Knott@stanleybps.org or 303-360-0803, ext. 188.
Head of School
Student Health Coordinator