"Stanley teaches you not only the importance of community, but also how to build character and assume your own specific role in your community." —Stanley Graduate '14
Five Steps to Apply
- Fill Out an Inquiry Form: Help us to get to know you by completing a brief online inquiry form.
- Tour our Campus & Classrooms: Once we receive your inquiry, and beginning in September, the admission team will contact you to schedule a small group tour so that you may best experience the Stanley British Primary program and philosophy. We generally offer tours Mondays through Thursdays, from September to early January, and because tours are a required part of the application process, we encourage both parents and/or guardians to attend.
- Submit Your Application: After learning about Stanley and our admission process on your tour, please complete an online application for the next school year. See below for details on required recommendations and other documents that make your application complete. Or, call 303-261-1792 for a paper application.
- Schedule Your Child's Visit: Required student visits take place in December and January and are scheduled by the admissions team after receiving your completed application. See details (below, right) about what to bring.
- Attend a Parent/Guardian Follow-up Conference: Following your child’s visit, we will contact you to schedule a short (20-minute) conference with a member of our admission team. The purpose of this meeting is for us to get to know your family better and to answer any final questions regarding your child’s application.
Recommendations & Transcript Release
All recommendations should be filled out by the appropriate person and submitted no later than January 31. Download forms below:
Grades K-5 Applicants:
- Note: Students must be 5 years old by September 15 to begin their kindergarten year
- Confidential Recommendation - Current Classroom Teacher
- Transcript Release & Confidentiality Form (excludes kindergarten applicants only)
Grades 6 & 7 Applicants:
Important Admission Dates
2019-20 Financial Aid Application Available Online
Nov. 7, 7 p.m.
Financial Aid Workshop
Sibling Admission Applications Due
Dec. 4, 7 p.m.
Financial Aid Workshop
Financial Aid Applications Due – returning families
Jan. 9, 7 p.m.
Financial Aid Workshop – new families
New Student Admission & Financial Aid Applications Due
Transcripts, Testing & Teacher Recommendations Due
Admission Notification for Grades 6-7
Admission Notification for Grades K-5
Notification of Admission Decision
Stanley BPS is accredited by the Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS). In accordance with the ACIS notification guidelines, Stanley admission decisions will be emailed and mailed on the agreed-upon dates established by ACIS.
The school works to achieve an enrollment balance of boys and girls, a balance among age groups in the classrooms, and a cross-section of learning styles, personalities, abilities, and diverse backgrounds.
November 30, 2018
December 7, 2018
January 9, 2019
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Financial Aid Workshop for New Families only
January 15, 2019
Planning Your Visit
We Love Getting to Know Your Student! Required student visits take place in December and January and are scheduled by our admission team after receiving your completed application.
Visitation Activities by Grade: Student visits are designed to be a relaxed and fun experience for your student.
- Grades K-1: Applicants are part of a small group participating in age-appropriate activities and an informal developmental assessment.
- Grades 2-5: Applicants spend part of a morning in a classroom and participate in an informal assessment.
- Grades 6-7: Visits take place from 8:10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. allowing us to get to know your child and, in turn, for him/her to learn more about our school. Grade-appropriate academic skills assessments will be given.
What to Bring (Grades 2-7): Consider packing a current book or reading activity and a mid-morning snack. (Kindergarten and 1st grade have snacks on hand.)