"Stanley teaches you not only the importance of community, but also how to build character and assume your own specific role in your community." —Stanley Graduate '14
Five Steps to Apply
- Fill Out an Inquiry Form: Please complete a brief online inquiry form.
- Tour our Campus & Classrooms: Schedule a small group tour to learn about our program and philosophy. We offer tours on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning and afternoon, from September to early January. Tours are a required part of the admission process.
- Submit Your Application: Please complete an online application for the next school year. Or, call 303-261-1792 for a paper application. See below for details about recommendations and other required documents.
- Schedule Your Child's Visit: After you have submitted your application, you will be contacted to schedule your child's required student visit in December or January. See details (below, right) about what to bring.
- Attend a Parent/Guardian Follow-up Conference: Following your child’s visit, we will contact you to schedule a short (20-minute) conference with a member of our admission team. The purpose of this meeting is for us to get to know your family better and to answer any final questions regarding your child’s application.
Recommendations & Transcript Release
All recommendations should be filled out by the appropriate person and submitted no later than January 31. Download forms below:
Grades K-5 Applicants:
- Note: Students must be 5 years old by September 15 to begin their kindergarten year
- Confidential Recommendation - Current Classroom Teacher
- Transcript Release & Confidentiality Form (excludes kindergarten applicants only)
Grades 6 & 7 Applicants:
Important Admission Dates
2019-20 Financial Aid Application Available Online
Nov. 7, 7 p.m.
Financial Aid Workshop
Sibling Admission Applications Due
Dec. 4, 7 p.m.
Financial Aid Workshop
Financial Aid Applications Due – returning families
Jan. 9, 7 p.m.
Financial Aid Workshop – new families
New Student Admission & Financial Aid Applications Due
Transcripts, Testing & Teacher Recommendations Due
Admission Notification for Grades 6-7
Admission Notification for Grades K-5
Notification of Admission Decision
Stanley BPS is accredited by the Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS). In accordance with the ACIS notification guidelines, Stanley admission decisions will be emailed and mailed on the agreed-upon dates established by ACIS.
The school works to achieve an enrollment balance of boys and girls, a balance among age groups in the classrooms, and a cross-section of learning styles, personalities, abilities, and diverse backgrounds.
Planning Your Visit
We Love Getting to Know Your Student! Required student visits take place in December and January and are scheduled by our admission team after receiving your completed application.
Visitation Activities by Grade: Student visits are designed to be a relaxed and fun experience for your student.
- Grades K-1: Applicants are part of a small group participating in age-appropriate activities and an informal developmental assessment.
- Grades 2-5: Applicants spend part of a morning in a classroom and participate in an informal assessment.
- Grades 6-7: Visits take place from 8:10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. allowing us to get to know your child and, in turn, for him/her to learn more about our school. Grade-appropriate academic skills assessments will be given.
What to Bring (Grades 2-7): Consider packing a current book or reading activity and a mid-morning snack. (Kindergarten and 1st grade have snacks on hand.)